Competition #14 - 098
Posting Date: April 16, 2014
Closing Date: April 25, 2014
Clerk - Operating Room
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
A Clinic Clerk is responsible for performing clerical duties under the general supervision of the Program Manager and/or Charge Nurse.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology Course required.
- Medical Administration Course an asset.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary diploma/degree an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year business administration experience an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the Patient Inquiry & Clinical Information System is an asset.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, and Scheduling System).
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital structure and functions.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills minimum 50 words per minutes.
- Demonstrated ability to book patient appointment and provide follow up .
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to interact with a range of individuals in a variety of situations and settings, which require tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and multitask under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a productive team member.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and demonstrate through performance, an acceptable level of ethical conduct and a thorough understanding of discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning Opportunities.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum..
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
Tel: (705) 327-9120
Fax: (705) 327-9170
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.