Competition: 14 - 281
Posting open: October 28, 2014
Posting close: November 5, 2014
Housekeeping Support Worker - Housekeeping
Five (5) Permanent Part Time Opportunities
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Housekeeping Support Worker (HSW) is responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff as well as waste management and support to the Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital in alignment with the objectives, principles and philosophies of the Housekeeping Services Department and the Hospital. The HSW is familiar with all aspects of Housekeeping duties, procedures and equipment regarding materials and supplies used, and the Hospital layout.
RATE OF PAY: $20.99 - $21.46 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one (1) year Hospital Janitorial experience is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with floor refinishing and carpet shampooing experience.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently according to policies and procedures and job description.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible to meet different departmental needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe handling and storage of chemicals and solvents.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi task efficiently as well as maintaining a disciplined level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and attendance record.
- Demonstrated ability to follow specific instructions and perform duties while maintaining infection control mandates.
- As a condition of employment all staff members hired into this role must successfully complete a pre-screening placement which assesses the individuals’ ability to meet the physical demands of this role. The successful candidate must be physically capable of performing repetitive tasks including: lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping. Must be able to lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds (lbs) frequently and walk for extended periods of time.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.
- It is a requirement that every member of the Housekeeping department to be available for all shifts.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.