Competition: 16 - 066
Posting open: February 12, 2016
Posting close: February 18, 2016
Medical Radiation Technologist - Radiography
Two (2) Permanent Part Time Opportunities
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT (R)) reports to the Director of Diagnostic Imaging through the Supervisor of Radiology. The main duties include: performing all x-ray examinations as required, ensuring that proper procedures for radiation protection to patient and employees are observed, production of individual examinations with attention to good image quality, assist the Radiologist and perform other duties as required. The MRT must be available for all shifts and on-call work.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Radiation Technology Program required.
- Member in good standing with the CMRTO required.
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and quality control.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with stringent time frames and in a team environment.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.