Competition # 13 - 219
Posting Date: October 10, 2013
Closing Date: October 19, 2013
3rd Class Stationary Engineer - Facilities
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Stationary Engineer, 3rd Class is responsible for providing critical utility services to the hospital on a continuous basis.
RATE OF PAY: $26.80 - $27.29 per hour plus benefits.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma is required.
- Completion of third class Operating Engineer License is required.
- Maintain a current Gas-fitting License is an asset.
- At least five years experience working as an 3rd Class Stationary Engineer is required.
- At least three years engineering experience in a Hospital setting an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Operating Engineers Act and Pressure Vessels Act and Regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in operation and maintenance of plant operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation, of emergency back-up generators and associated ancillary equipment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation and maintenance of water treatment systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation and maintenance of chillers, cooling towers and ancillary equipment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems to meet CSA and infection control requirements required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation of life-safety systems required.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external partners such as TSSA, insurers, inspectors required
- Participation in an energy management program an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of co-generation units and ancillary equipment an asset.
- Knowledge of hospital-specific systems an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge in proper protocol for isolating building infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of documentation of all activities, including preventive and corrective maintenance into a work order based CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Demonstrated knowledge of documentation to meet all TSSA, CSA and insurance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and act upon constructive criticism to upgrade abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to direct suggestions and questions to appropriate person.
- Demonstrated emotional stability, maturity, self-confidence, reliability, dependability, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions and accept supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain pressure of work and flexibility in ordering/re-ordering priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce/handle large volumes of work in a limited time frame with accuracy and to comprehend the purpose and reason for the work in order to explain if needed, to contractors, hospital staff and outside agencies.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
Tel: (705) 327-9120
Fax: (705) 327-9170
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.