Competition #13 - 254
Posting Date: November 18, 2013
Closing Date: November 24, 2013
Registered Nurse - Float Team
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
A Permanent Part Time Opportunity
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Hospital Float Team is a staffing model that is made up of Registered Nurses (RN’s), Registered Practical Nurses (RPN), Personal Support Workers (PSW) and Clerks who provide resources to nursing units/departments within Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH). Float Team Nurses are responsible for responding to increasing acuity needs and replacing existing vacancies which arise throughout the Hospital. Float Team Nurses will be pre-booked as the need arises and opportunities will be provided to familiarize the Float Team to all nursing units required to work within.
- Current R.N. Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is required.
- Current BCLS certification and completed IV training is required.
- Completion of the Coronary Care 1 certificate or equivalent within the last two (2) years or current usage of arrhythmia analysis within the previous two (2) years to ACLS standards is required.
- Cardiac monitoring experience within the past two (2) years is required.
- Successful completion of a Patient Assessment Course within the past three (3) years is required (exempt if newly graduated within the past three (3) years). Timeline will be extended if an applicant can demonstrate that they are currently using assessment skills in an emergent/urgent/triage environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an acute care setting is required.
- If all else is equal, preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Specialty certifications including: ACLS, PALS, ATLS, TNCC, Certified Emergency Care Course, Certified Canadian Emergency Nursing Certificate, and recent completion of Palliative Care courses.
- A Neonatal Resuscitation Provider, Neonatal Intensive Care Course certificates and a Perinatal certificate
- A PACU certification and a Peri-Operative Nursing certificate.
- BScN Degree.
- Experience caring for patients with ventilators, BIPAP, Special line care, peritoneal dialysis and CVP.
- Experience in Paediatric, Obstetrics and Labour & Delivery nursing with work experience in a Level 2 – 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit within the past two (2) years.
- Demonstrated experience working in Cardiac and Renal Care settings.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to work efficiently and effectively within a variety of patient care teams
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional responsibilities of the job. Physically able to lift and move patients with frequent and repetitive pushing, pulling, bending and stooping.
- Strong critical thinking skills and motivated by changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and maintain excellent attendance and performance records.
It is a requirement that every member of the Float Team is available for all shifts and all areas.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
Tel: (705) 327-9120
Fax: (705) 327-9170
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.