Competition #13 - 209
Posting Date: October 18, 2013
Closing Date: October 24, 2013
Registered Nurse - Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Three(3) Casual Opportunities
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU) is responsible for providing direct patient care in accordance with the mission, vision, goals, objectives and policies of the hospital and the Patient Services Department.
- Current registration with the CNO required.
- Certificate in BCLS and ACLS required.
- Minimum of three (3) years current related nursing experience required.
- Post-Anaesthetic Nursing Certificate and one (1) year experience in a Recovery Room setting required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed a Coronary Care Nursing 1 course.
- Must have IV certification or related experience.
- Must possess skills and experience in airway management of patients on ventilators and hemodynamic monitoring.
- Solid knowledge base and skills related to patient physiology, pathophysiology and surgical procedures.
- In-depth understanding of perianaesthesia related to medicine, pediatrics, geriatrics, and critical care.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge base related to the pharmacodynamics of anaesthesia and analgesia.
- The ability to be flexible is required. Must be available for all shifts and on-call coverage.
- Commitment to providing high quality, individualized patient care.
- Ability to form good working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to make intelligent, independent decisions and initiate appropriate action based on patient-focused best practice guidelines.
- Willingness to accept the responsibility that accompanies working in a critical care unit.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your current professional license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
Tel: (705) 327-9120
Fax: (705) 327-9170
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.