Competition: 15 - 176
Posting open: May 6, 2015
Posting close: May 19, 2015
Senior Human Resources Business Partner -
A Temporary Full Time Opportunity (until September 1, 2016)
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
Are you interested in working as part of an enthusiastic team, in a beautiful community and enjoying professional challenge? If so, we invite you to apply for consideration to join us in Orillia.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing Human Resources generalist support to an assigned client group within Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital with an additional focus on labour relations. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will contribute significantly to our Hospital objectives by supporting both Human Resources and our Management team in maintaining strong union and employee relationships.
- Within portfolio of responsibility, lead labour relations activities including administration, interpretation and negotiation of collective agreements, and coordinates activities related to grievances and arbitrations
- Responsible for resolution of grievances in a manner that provides fairness and due process. Where required, prepares reports for mediation and rights arbitration.
- Support in the areas of staff relations, recruitment and retention, position administration, staff development, performance management, attendance/disability management and salary administration.
- Ongoing participation in corporate Human Resources projects, research, adoption of best practices
- Collaborate with HR team members regarding process improvements, resolution of concerns and ongoing professional development
- Provides professional learning sessions for management.
- University degree required
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or working towards successful completion required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as an HR Generalist AND a minimum of three (3) years experience in labour relations required.
- Previous labour relations experience in a hospital setting is required.
- Specific knowledge of ONA, SEIU and OPSEU Collective Agreements and relevant legislation with the ability to apply is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in situations that require tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to build partnerships/relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, negotiation, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to facilitate, coach, and mentor individuals/groups to achieve quality outcomes
- Highly motivated with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in a team environment
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, a copy of your applicable current professional or educational designation/certificate, license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. New employees are also required to provide a completed employee health assessment and immunity record before commencing employment
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.