Competition: 15 - 201
Posting open: May 29, 2015
Posting close: June 5, 2015
Clerk - Staffing Office
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
This role will maintain accurate daily input of staff hours through a computerized scheduling system and respond to emergent daily staffing requirements in accordance with Human Resource/Payroll related legislation, collective agreements, policies and procedures. This office operates 7 days a week, from 6:00am to 18:00, 12 hour shifts. Successful candidate will be expected, must be committed and available to work on short notice, based on needs of the Hospital.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure the maintenance of data within a computerized scheduling system by:
- Ideal candidate will posses a degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, preferably in HR, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Payroll processes preferred.
- Two – three years of administrative experience with data entry and customer service required.
- Minimum of two years of scheduling experience with an emphasis on payroll preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office and data base software required.
- Experience working with HRIS preferred; working knowledge of Quadrant HR considered an asset.
- Experience working in a union environment preferably in Health Care considered an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to time-manage, prioritize a heavy workload and multi-task.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment related legislation.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to provide exceptional service in a stressful environment.
- Highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in a teamwork environment.
- Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum. Along with the ability to communicate effectively using tact, diplomacy and discretion and possess strong attention to detail.
Provide service support to hospital departments through:
- Developing and maintaining a high level of skill in the computerized scheduling system.
- Providing consistent and accurate data input.
- Adhering to scheduling policies and procedures.
- Providing timely follow up of scheduling errors and/or changes.
- Ensuring reports are distributed in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Payroll Department as required
- Responding to unit requests for short-call staffing needs
- Responding to all phone calls and written requests for relief for sick time, vacation and schedule changes in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of human resource/payroll related legislation, Hospital collective agreements, and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Interacting with Hospital team members to update, advise and communicate staffing situations/requirements.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of your applicable current professional or educational designation, certificate, license or registration and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. New employees are also required to provide a completed employee health assessment and immunity record before commencing employment.
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.