Competition: 16 - 141
Posting open: April 8, 2016
Posting close: April 14, 2016
Support Specialist - Information Technology
A Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Integrity, Caring, Respect, Participation and Accountability. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Support Specialist is responsible for being the first line of support to our customers, providing telephone based support for general PC issues, the Microsoft Office suite of applications and other Hospital Information System applications. Administration of Help Desk database including work order follow up, as well as measurement and reports are key to this position. Participating in the administration of the help desk and in the training of new staff. Providing administrative support to the IT department. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Manager or Director of Information Technology.
Although normal working hours would be Monday to Friday day shift, regular availability will be necessary outside these hours to provide after hours support via on-call rotation.
- Post Secondary Information Technology related certificate is required.
- MCSE Certification preferred.
- A+ Certification is an asset.
- Minimum one (1) year previous IT experience in a corporate setting is required.
- Previous experience in training and Help Desk support preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer literacy at a senior level with regard to Desktop technologies.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and superior interpersonal and customer service related skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi task efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to calm computer uses and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning opportunities.
- Experience supporting Cerner HIS considered an asset.
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
a professional practice environment
a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
continuing education grants
employee recognition and assistance programs
a competitive salary and benefits package
equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, a copy of your applicable current educational designation certificate and quoting the above competition number to:
The Human Resources Department
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
170 Colborne Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 2Z3
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. New employees are also required to provide a completed employee health assessment and immunity record before commencing employment
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.