Patient Relations

Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital strongly values the feedback, questions and comments we receive from patients and their families. We are happy to accommodate exchange of information in formats that meet the needs of patients with accessibility requirements.  Please let us know how we can help.

Contacting Soldiers’ Patient Relations

If you have a compliment, concern or question regarding a patient experience, please contact our Patient Relations delegate by phone or by email.

How can I express my concerns?

  1. We encourage you to first bring your question or concern to the attention of the nurses, doctors and other staff caring for you. These people know about your situation and will be able to respond to your concerns quickly and efficiently.
  2. If you are unable to resolve your concern at the point of care, ask to speak with the manager of the unit or area. The manager will contact you to discuss your concerns.
  3. If you remain unsatisfied after speaking with the department manager, you may bring your concern to our Patient Relations delegate:

Kristen Dawson

705-325-2201 ext. 3365

What form should my concern take?

You can submit your concerns a number of different ways:

  • In person
  • Telephone
  • E-mail
  • Regular mail

You can also reach the Patient Relations delegate through regular mail using the address below:

Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Patient Relations
170 Colborne Street West
Orillia, ON L3V2Z3

Our Patient Relations delegate is available Monday to Friday during regular business hours, excluding statutory holidays. If you decide to contact our Patient Relations delegate, phone messages and emails will be responded to within 5 business days. Any concerns received in person or over the phone are acknowledged at the time they are received. The information you provide will be documented and forwarded onto the appropriate people for investigation.

How long will it take to resolve my concern?

OSMH will work with you to resolve your concern as quickly as possible. The length of time it takes to look into a concern can be different based on the issue. You may be contacted during the process for updates or to provide additional information or clarification.

How will I be advised of the resolution/outcome of my complaint?

Once your concern has been resolved or closed, you will be contacted by the individual leading the investigation.