MyChart™ is a secure website that allows you to access your health records 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, anywhere in the world.
Coming Soon to OSMH.
What is MyChart™?
MyChart™ is a free, secure online tool providing patients, their designated family members, and caregivers access to medical records and personal health information. Using your computer or smart device, MyChart™ users can easily view test results, clinical documentation, and other health information. MyChart™ was developed by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto and is used by over 40 hospitals across Ontario. Thousands of patients are registered for and using MyChart™ to remotely access their personal health information.
Patients using MyChart™ can:
- Access medical and personal health information in one secure online portal.
- Share access to medical and personal health information with multiple healthcare professionals, family members or caregivers, keeping the right people informed.
- Take control of health information no matter where they are, accessing tools for self-monitoring and tracking, appointments, vaccinations records, and reminders for annual screenings like colonoscopy, mammograms, and physicals.
- Access Ontario lab test results.
Register with MyChart™
How do I Register with MyChart™?
Before Getting Started you will need:
- An email address and access to the internet.
- An Ontario health card. *Patients must be sixteen years of age or older to sign up for MyChart™.
There are two ways to sign up for MyChart™
- Fill out the MyChart registration form on our website; or
- Provide your email the next time you register at Soldiers’.
Mobile APP available for IOS and Andriod:
- Click here to download MyChart™ for Apple Devices (iOS App Store).
- Click here to download MyChart™ for Android Devices (Google Play Store).
- Or access MyChart here using the web browser on your smartphone, tablet, desktop or laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is MyChart™?
MyChart™ is a free online tool providing patients the ability to create and manage their own personal health information based on clinical information that is available from participating hospitals, as well as personal information that is entered by user(s).
Additional organizations currently using MyChart™ include but are not limited to Sunnybrook Hospital, Unity Health Toronto, Cornwall Community Health, Mount Sinai Hospital and Michael Garron Hospital. For a full list of participating hospitals, please click here. https://www.mychart.ca/pages/registration/siteSelection.cfm
- How do I sign up for MyChart™?
- Click here to register online (UPDATE When Live)
- Scan the QR code received at registration or from signage throughout OSMH.
- How do I activate my MyChart™ account?
- After you have signed up for MyChart™ and given you email to registration, please look for the PIN number in your inbox within 24-36 hours. If you are unable to locate the email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk mail as well.
- Once you have received an email with the 4-digit PIN number, launch your internet browser and in the address bar, enter mychart.ca. Then, select REGISTER on the home screen.
- Search & Select Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
- Input your Frist Name, Last Name as written on your Health Card, followed by your Date of Birth, Gender, Health Card Number, and PIN number.
- Once you have completed your registration, you can sign into MyChart™ anytime.
Your PIN will be active for 10 days. If the PIN expires, or you need to change your email address, please contact MyChart™ Support at 1-833-221-2202 or email@example.com.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Who has access to MyChart™?
Participating hospital’s patients have access to MyChart™, and they can electronically grant access to family members, friends, caregivers, primary care physicians and pharmacists, etc.
- What if I don’t have an email address and/or I would like to register for MyChart™ under the email address of a family member or friend?
For privacy reasons, it is best to register for MyChart™ under your own email address so that you are in full control of your personal health information. If you do not have an email address and do not wish to sign up for an external email service, you can provide consent to register for MyChart™ under a family member or friend’s email address.
Please keep in mind that when you provide access to a family member or friend, they will have ongoing access to your personal health information. This information includes sensitive details related to your healthcare from [date] and into the future.
- What do I have access to through MyChart™?
Phase 1 (July 2023)
- diagnostic imaging reports
- ECG and Echo tests
- laboratory (incl. microbiology & pathology) results
- surgical notes
- history of doctor visits
- procedures and surgeries
- upcoming appointments
- Self-monitoring through MyChart:
- patient generated data
- screening reminders
- promotion of alerts
- reminders (no messaging)
- self-entered appointments
- personalization and profile management
NOTE: If the health record information you are looking for is not on MyChart™, please contact Health Records at 705-325-2201 ext. 3260.
- Where does the information in MyChart™ come from?
MyChart displays your Personal Health Informaton directly from the Hospital’s Electronic Medical Record system. Please note that some of your health information might not be available in MyChart™ until your doctor reviews it with you.
- How is the confidential patient information available through MyChart™ secured?
MyChart™ is secured through the same encryption technologies used by the major banks for online banking.